Programming Metro-style Apps with C# (Windows 8, Windows RT, WinRT) Training Course
Duration21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
The objective of this course is to allow developers to write applications in Metro-style, the new application model available with Windows 8. Metro-style apps can run either on ordinary desktops, or a new family of “post-PC” devices designed to compete with the iPad.
This three-day course is designed for .NET developers who want to fully understand how to port their skills over to Windows Runtime, or WinRT. The course will take students through all of the important aspects of building this new type of application.
Silverlight developers are obviously welcome, but no experience of Silverlight/WPF/XAML is necessary.
- Understanding WinRT
- Pros and cons of HTML5 track over XAML track
- Basic form layouts
- HTTP communication with JSON
- Local data storage
- More local data storage (ORM)
- Infinite scroll lists
- Pull to refresh
- Social network integration
- Selling on Windows Store
- Handing in-app purchases
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price