Performance engineering/tuning Training Course
Duration35 hours (usually 5 days including breaks)
- Understanding of Databases like Oracle.
- Understanding of Application containers like WebSphere or Weblogic etc.
- Understanding of programming languages like Java.
- Knowledge of Performance testing.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Performance Testers
- Performance Engineers
- Developers who wants to grow their career as Performance Architects.
Format of the course
50% lectures, 50% labs
Introduction to Performance testing
- Performance testing life cycle.
- Performance test results interpretation.
Understanding various Architectures/Application models
- 2/3 tier architecture
- N tier architecture
- Middleware (MQ, Webservices etc) based architecture
- Basic UNIX commands (grep, find, vi editor etc)
- Basic Oracle/SQL (Queries, Tables, Triggers etc)
- Basic C/Java concepts
Detailed Analysis - Monitoring concepts/Tools
- Hardware Monitoring (Windows -Perfmon, UNIX -nmon, vmstat)
- Run queue (Average processor queue length)
- Network IO
- Disk IO
- Memory (Available, Used, Paging space, FS Cache etc)
- CPU (Available, virtual, online, entitled etc)
- Web Server/App Server Monitoring
- JVM (Java heap) -heap dump analysis
- Connection Pool
- Thread Pool
- Understanding of various monitoring tools like CA Wily Introscope, IBM Tivoli etc.
- DataBase Monitoring
- Basic query tuning
- SQL Trace
- AWR or Statspack analysis
- Query plan
- Understanding of Bandwidth, FTP
- Understanding of Network Monitoring using HTTPwatch or Fiddler
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
Guaranteed to run even with a single delegate!
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price