Advanced Haskell Training Course
Duration14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
Basic knowledge of Haskell programming language and some experience with Haskell programming.
This course is for those users of Haskell who have a good grasp of the basics and want a deeper understanding of the language and be able to tackle serious, larger-scope problems in Haskell.
Participants should expect to get a working understanding of the most important features of modern Haskell; be able to read and write advanced Haskell programs and libraries.
- Foldable, Traversable
- Other (Arrow, etc.)
- Algebraic data types in depth
- Advanced Type classes
- Type families
Debugging and code optimizing
- Strictness in data types and functions
- Memory and CPU profiling
- Efficient data structures (bytestring, text, vector and co.)
- Note on "unsafes"
Understanding the Runtime System
- Memory layout in GHC
- Unpacking strict fields
- Understanding and reading Core
Concurrency in Haskell
- Haskell threads
- MVars and co.
Foreign Function Interface
- FFI basics
- Safe vs. unsafe
- Globals in Haskell
- Splicing and quotation
- The Q monad
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price