Ubuntu Desktop Training Course
This course has been prepared for people who want to know how to use Ubuntu Desktop for everyday work. This course explains how to manage your files, install and configure your devices, send emails, browse internet and use the full power of GNU/Linux operating system.
Linux, Distributions and Ubuntu
- What is Linux?
- What is Ubuntu?
- What versions of Ubuntu are available?
- Is Ubuntu free?
Know your Environment, Gnome
- Configuring Appearance
- Visual Effects with Ubuntu
- Input devices settings
- Sound configuration
- Network configuration
- Monitoring your resources
- Reading Log files
Installing and Removing Software
- Browsing staggering catalogue of applications
- Installing software
- Upgrading selected application
- Removing software
- Upgrading the system
- Upgrading distribution
Sharing Desktop with Others
- Vino and other VNC clients and servers
- Remote control of your computer
- Editing documents with OpenOffice writer
- Using OpenOffice Calc
- Note taking through Tomboy
Emails, Calendars, Contacts and Tasks
- Using Evolution
- Configuring email settings
- Creating calendars
- Using Web Calendars (Like Google Calendar, Ical, WebDav, etc...)
- Synchronizing your emails and calendar with mobile devices
- Instant messaging with Pidgin IM
- Configuring Firefox
- Bookmarks and history
- Spell checker
- Add-ons and plug-ins
Photos and Images
- Organizing your images with F-spot manager
- Editing pictures with Gimp
Music and Video
- Playing DVD's
- Access (truly) free music store
- DRM and Ubuntu
Running Windows Applications
- Using windows emulator (wine) to run your Windows applications
- How to run Windows inside Linux
Guaranteed to run even with a single delegate!
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price