R for Data Analysis and Research Training Course
Format of the course
on-line instruction and discussion OR face-to-face workshops
The list below gives an idea of the topics that will be covered in the workshop.
The number of topics that will be covered depends on the duration of the workshop (i.e. one, two or three days). In a one or two day workshop it may not be possible to cover all topics, and so the workshop will be tailored to suit the specific needs of the learners.
- A first R session
- Syntax for analysing one dimensional data arrays
- Syntax for analysing two dimensional data arrays
- Reading and writing data files
- Sub-setting data, sorting, ranking and ordering data
- Merging arrays
- Set membership
- The main statistical functions in R
- The Normal Distribution (correlation, probabilities, tests for normality and confidence intervals)
- Ordinary Least Squares Regression
- T-tests, Analysis of Variance and Multivariable Analysis of Variance
- Chi-square tests for categorical variables
- Writing functions in R
- Writing software (scripts) in R
- Control structures (e.g. Loops)
- Graphical methods (including scatterplots, bar charts, pie charts, histograms, box plots and dot charts)
- Graphical User Interfaces for R
Guaranteed to run even with a single delegate!
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price