Personal Efficiency and Managing Meetings Training Course
This course is delivered in Polish or English.
Managers, Team Leaders and staff members who feel that:
- They are attending too many meetings
- Their time is being “stolen” by other people
- They cannot get to the bottom of their day’s work because of a lack of planning, foresight or prioritisation
Format of the course
The course will be a highly-interactive combination of:
- Facilitated Discussions
- Slide Presentations
- Exercises and Case Studies
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate the need to manage meetings effectively – respecting the time pressures of those whom they invite to meetings
- Follow the standard processes for calling, managing and preparing the output of meetings
- Appreciate more widely some of the ways of managing themselves and their time more efficiently: to work smarter not harder…
Understanding Ourselves and Others
- Understanding that when we ask others to attend a meeting we are imposing upon them our list of priorities
- What makes us behave the way we do?
- Are we aware how our behaviour affects others: do they always respond in the way we want them to and in the way that they should? If not, why not…?
The Process for Managing Meetings
- Why is a meeting necessary; what are the alternatives; are any of the alternatives preferable?
- The process for calling, managing and preparing for meetings:
- Creating a meaningful agenda covering the objectives for the meeting, the subject(s) to be covered and suggested timings
- Inviting only the right people – and nobody else
- Managing the meeting: allowing only relevant contributions (but being careful to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant); keeping to the agenda; keeping to time
- Creating outputs: not necessarily detailed minutes but, at least, actions points
- Arranging follow-up meeting(s)
- Do I need to attend all the meetings to which I am invited?
- How do I decide whether (or not) to attend meetings?
- What justifications do I have for declining to attend?
- What else am I allowed to do during a meeting related to attendees, subject matter being discussed and timings?
Other Personal Efficiency and Time Management Issues
- Setting Objectives – personal and professional – and keeping to them
- Work Prioritisation
- How do I decide what needs to be done?
- How do I prioritise these activities?
- Employee-Imposed Time: are my staff and colleagues working for me or am I working for them…?
- Time Bandits: what else steals time away from me and what can I do about it?
- Telephone calls
- Unplanned interruptions
- Displacement activities: procrastination…
- Other things…
- Effective Delegation
- Assertiveness: seeking a compromise; learning to say “no” effectively
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price