Linux System Administration Training Course
- System administrators who need to quickly learn core Enterprise Linux proficiencies
- System administrators, network administrators, and other IT professionals who require proficiency performing administration tasks in Linux
- IT professionals on the path to becoming a Linux system administrator
This Linux Administrator training course is designed for IT professionals who are new to Linux and require core Administrator skills. This course will feature GUI based tools and introduce command line concepts to provide a solid foundation for someone planning to become a Linux Administrator. The objectives are that by the end of the 4 day course you will be able to perform installation, manage physical storage, establish network connectivity and perform security administration.
Establish Network Connectivity
- Configure, manage, and test static network settings
Administer Users and Groups
- Implement password aging and configure an LDAP client
Monitor System Resources
- Manage CPU, memory, and disk utilization; manage system logs
Manage System Software
- Install software and query with yum using RHN and a custom repository
Deploy Network Services
- Deploy VNC, FTP, and web services and require key authentication with SSH
Secure Filesystems and Network Services
- Restrict file access with ACLs and secure network services with a firewall and SELinux
Manage Physical Storage
- Manage encrypted partitions, filesystems, and swap space
Manage Logical Volumes
- Understand Logical Volume concepts and manage Logical Volumes, including snapshots
Control the Boot Process
- Understand runlevels and manage GRUB
Tune and Maintain the Kernel
- Pass parameters to the kernel and manage kernel modules
Automate Installation with Kickstart
- Create kickstart configurations and use them to install Linux
Manage Virtual Machines
- Deploy and manage KVM virtual machines
Troubleshoot System Problems
- Apply a systematic approach to diagnosing and correcting system failures
Research Red Hat Resources
Guaranteed to run even with a single delegate!
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price